Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103558
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a Global Manufacturing and Engineering organisation in Northampton for a Health, Safety and Environment and Quality Officer. Working under the guidance of an experienced manager you will be integral to the creation and driving of a cultural change programme as well as maintaining everything HSEQ on site. This is an amazing opportunity for someone in a similar role who wants to work for a global business under the guidance of an experienced manager but who wants the freedom and autonomy to take on their own projects.
This organisation operate on a Global scale across 27 countries but the Northampton site has a real family feel about it. There are just shy of 200 staff on site across two facilities; manufacturing, R&D and office space. They design and manufacture products for industries including scientific and medical through to automotive.
• A key part of this role is to create and lead on a cultural health and safety programme as well as the standardisation of polices, processes and procedures.
• You will work with the health and safety manager and compliance manger to ensure the business is compliant with all relevant legislation and make improvements where necessary.
• Collection and processing of HSE KPI's
• Maintaining, managing and auditing of the systems
• Along with the above, you will be responsible for general health and safety duties such as accident investigations, training, support the hse committee, conducting risk assessments and method statements.
• NEBOSH Certificate/ Tech IOSH level.
• Experience in a similar level role.
• Health and safety management systems and practical application of creating risk assessments, method statements and conducting safety inspections.
• Manufacturing, Engineering or R&D experience would be beneficial.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Positive, engaging, personable and friendly, someone who can build up strong relationships with people on site.
• Hands on and a team player.
• Practical application of health and safety is key.
• Able to work autonomously, use own initiative and prioritise workload.
Does this sound like you and your experience? Are you interested in applying for this position?
Please send across your CV to email@example.com or call Aisling on 0121 454 5000 quoting reference 441103558.