Salary: £38000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103524
We are working with a Global manufacturing company who are seeking an EHS Leader based from their site in Gloucestershire. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a large company who have a fantastic reputation in the local and international field. With over 1000 staff across two sites you will have exposure to advanced manufacturing processes within a role that will allow you to stand out and make your mark. If you have the desire to improve standards within a business who really value you and what you do, then this could be the role for you.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has perhaps plateaued in their current position as an advisor or officer and wants a step up or someone that is already in a similar role who is ready for a change. This is a mature company who have really focused on behavioural safety over the last few years and need likeminded professionals with the same passion to ensure standards are moving in the right direction.
Reporting into the UK HSE Manager you will support them and the wider business driving improvements across the 2 sites, supporting in managing the advisors and helping delegate work load. You will help manage OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, monitor KPI's and ensure the business is on track to meet key goals. Your role is key in coaching and mentoring the business to understand the expectation and ensure these are met. There is a strategic safety roadmap to follow to guide the team.
Background and Experience required:
• Background working within any manufacturing or engineering business
• This would suit someone who is looking to step up from their advisor position or a manager with circa 5 years' experience in an EHS capacity
• Man management experience or having deputised for a manager is key for this role and you will be supporting 2 advisors
• NEBOSH Certificate but Diploma level qualified in health and safety would be desired
• Knowledge and experience of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
• You need to be someone who can influence in a tactful way at all levels
• Strong communicator, some who can coach and mentor, delegate work load and drive initiatives.
This role is offering a salary of £40-45K for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this position, please apply or send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. This role is under tight time scales so please register your interest asap.