Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103472
Role: Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary : - £45,000 per annum (increasing to £50,000 per annum after probationary period) + standard pension + 33 days holiday + Bupa healthcare + profit based bonus + long term service award
You have the chance to join a British fast paced manufacturing organisation as a HSE Manager across 3 factories situated on 1 complex single site! They pride themselves on being a very fast paced, friendly organisation who is looking for a robust safety professional to develop and champion safety.
• Review HSE Strategy for the site and make sure it is communicated, implemented and maintained, within cross functional departments.
• Develop, create and implement a business improvement plan for Health and Safety and manage performance
• Drive and support a positive culture and improve safety behaviours
• Sit and support the senior leadership team across the company and report in to the Managing Director
• Create new, innovative environmentally friendly projects to reduce waste
• Work closely across departments and external stakeholders and build rapport at board level and with stakeholders
• Management of all waste streams and work with all departments to minimise waste and maximise recycling opportunities
• Chair Health and Safety meetings making sure it is prioritised across all projects.
• Drive accountability across the site for Health and Safety
• Adapt and implement a aligned training matrix for all staff
• Ensure the business is compliant to current legislation and regulations
• Devise and deliver monthly reports for the Operations Manager and Board of Directors
• Provide support and guidance for all members of the management team
• Lead inspections and audits across the factory
• Guide and manage the company in regards to correct PPE
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Packaging Food or beverage manufacturing experience is desirable but may look at wider manufacturing experience if relevant
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is desired but may consider certificate level with the right experience
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, robust and engaging
• Able to be both strategic and hands on
• Driven in their approach
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.