Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103432
Role: Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Company: Manufacturing Company (Logistics department)
Salary : - £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays + Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package + Annual cycle to work scheme
Location :- Kent - Travel to other sites is expected
Fancy working for a FTSE 100, recognised packaging manufacturer and take the lead and manage Health and Safety for the logistics department, within one of the largest European operating sites?
• Ensure compliance and management across the multi-unit site and that group standards and policies are met and exceeded
• Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory bodies and industry organisations.
• Ensuring performance is effectively managed and it is fed back to relevant personnel. Following this, to support and drive the development and implementation of appropriate remedial actions
• Support the strategic development of the site through bespoke projects and programmes.
• Create and drive bespoke improvements in regards to company standards
• Be a key player in the Health, Safety and Environmental network, attending meetings, carrying out audits and expert teams
• Ensure management controls are in place for incidents – related to oil and fuel spillages and drive an onsite pollution reduction programme. Additionally ensure that a clean and risk free working environment is maintained
• Provide weekly and monthly reports to the line manager
• Work together across departments and divisions to ensure best practice is shared
• Drive cultural changes and improvements across the site
• Deliver training and ensure the effectiveness through the business
Essential Experience :
• NEBOSH Diploma and CMIOSH or equivalent
• Demonstrable experience within a manufacturing or similar environment
• Strong leadership skills able to make a positive impact within a challenging & dynamic working environment
• Experience of maintaining, developing and implementing HS&E Policies, Procedures and Standards
• Follows industry best practice and analytical in their approach
• Experience of a 24/7 manufacturing company
• Enthusiastic and engaging
• Self-sufficient and passionate
• Diligent and practical
• Analytical but hands on
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.