Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103424
You have the chance to join a Global Electrical Engineering business as their HSE Advisor based from their site in Hamilton.
Do you want to work for a fast growing and profitable global electrical engineering business in a fast paced environment? Do you want to join a growing health and safety team in a newly created health and safety position? Do you want to take on a position that leaves a lot of room for your own ideas and requires plenty of continued improvements? If the answer is yes, then continue reading.
You will report directly into the Group HSEQ Manager ensuring that the two sites in Scotland are moving towards a much higher standard of health and safety. This role is a generalist HSE Officer position in which you will manage the ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems, do accident and incident investigations and create policies and procedures.
This company work with blue chip clients who have high expectations and as such can audit them with very little notice. You must ensure all the relevant training is up to date and maintained so that they are not in breach of any legislation. Being a very commercial business working to tight and difficult time frames means that you need to take a common sense approach to health and safety while ensuring Improvements are made and culture is improved.
This is an all-encompassing HSE and Compliance Advisor position, mainly covering the Hamilton site with travel and responsibility of the Aberdeen site (20% of the time). You will be expected to travel occasionally to customer and project sites across the UK so flexibility is needed. As such you will be provided with a car/ car allowance.
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum.
• Experience in a similar level role as you must be able to hit the ground running and use your own initiative.
• Auditing or managing ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
• Electrical/ LV/ HV experience would be the desirable either working in or with experience of this environment. If you do not Electrical contracting then workshop/engineering/ utilities experience.
• Auditing experience of your own site and managing customer audits.
• Managing a training matrix.
If you are interested in finding out more please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000.