Health & Safety Manager - Logistics
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103422
Health & Safety Manager – Logistics. The HSE Recruitment Network is working with a leading Logistics company in the Hertfordshire area on a full time permanent basis.
To be considered for this Health & Safety Manager role in Hertfordshire you must have:
• Practical knowledge of legionella – particularly cooling towers
• Food safety
• Fire risk assessment
• NEBOSH – practical warehouse and distribution experience
• Environmental health (HND)
• DSEAR knowledge
• Practical experience with ammonia refrigeration plant
• Nice to have some auditing experience
• Nice to have some facilities management
The Health & Safety Manager will:
• Promote Health and Safety best practices, ensuring wellbeing of all staff on site in accordance with the Company Health and Safety policy.
• Ensure contractors working on site adhere to company and legal rules, procedures and relevant legislation and sign all safe systems, permits and authorisation at work.
• Ensure that all financial and budgetary controls are applied and identify cost savings.
• Recommend replacement of Plant and Equipment in line with company procedures.
• Develop control mechanisms for ensuring that high levels of hygiene are maintained through the senior operations manager
• Develop positive relationships with other members of the management team, colleagues and team members. Ensure that morale levels within the team are regularly monitored and methods of improving staff communication are identified.
• To identify all new duties performed on and off site, and undertake risk assessment.
• To ensure safe working practices are written and followed through
• To train & re-train staff on the safe working practices through the department managers
• To maintain training matrix, to enable all training to be recorded, and re-training dates to be adhered to.
• To chair the Depot Safety Management meetings
• To manage and control all accident reporting procedures, ensuring that all information is factual, and conforms to the latest H&S regulations for warehouse and transport departments
• To investigate the causes of accidents.
• To minimise the company's exposure to Employers Liability claims
• Financial management; ability to read and understand budgets, and to manage contractors and employees to work within them.
• People management: to create a team environment with all staff being utilised to their full potential.
• Communication skills: to be able to communicate with all levels within the operation.
Package: 45k plus benefits
Please email email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000.