Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103417
Role:- Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Company : Manufacturing Company
Location : Peterborough
Do you want to join Well-known FMCG UK manufacturing company as a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager? Are you an engaging and resilient HSE Professional and want to develop a safety strategy? Looking to shape the future of HSE for the site and leave a legacy? - If so this is the job for you!
HSE Recruitment are proud to represent this Leading FMCG Organisation are seeking a strong Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to set a 3 year strategy across 2 sites. You will influence business continuity, culture change and evaluate and enhance HSE standards. You will be managing a team of three, who will report directly into you.
Your role as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager:
• Create and drive the 3 year rolling HSE strategy for the 2 sites. Make sure it is communicated, implemented and maintained.
• Develop and communicate HSE policies & procedures for both locations
• Focus on driving accountability to the onsite HSE professionals for both locations
• Manage the planning, measuring, reviewing and auditing of HSE activities
• Implement robust, effective safety and environmental management systems in line with legal, group and customer requirements.
• Work with all departments to drive sustainable working practices
• Provide technical and other advice and assistance the senior leadership team and ensure accountability
• Conduct complex accident investigations, implementing appropriate preventative measures and report accordingly.
• Devise and deliver monthly reports for the UK and Group Operations
• Drive and promote continuous improvement and best practice
• Develop and maintain contacts with relevant HSE regulatory and industry organisations and actively participate in meetings and initiatives with them.
• Chair site committee meetings
• Maintain compliance and drive industry best practice
• Develop and drive a positive culture and behavioural change programme
• Improve and deliver a training matrix and ensure the effectiveness through the business
• Review costings and manage the HSE Budget and the capital expenditure projects - pushing HSE to the forefront of programmes
• Effectively manage security contract across 1 site
• Proactive and pragmatic
• Enthusiastic, able to influence and engaging in approach
• Resilient, Self-sufficient and passionate
• Strong communicator
Qualification and required experience :-
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of implementation and / or management of OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001
• Experience in driving culture change in a manufacturing environment
• Training and mentoring experience
• Experience of managing multiple sites
For the role of Health, Safety and Environmental Manager you will receive a salary of up to £50,000 -55,000 and package, which includes: car allowance, private medical care (family inclusion) and generous company pension scheme.
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.