Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103409
You have the chance to join an engineering service, repair and maintenance business as their Health and Safety Advisor in Great Yarmouth. It is integral to the business to secure the right person as they themselves operate in the health and safety industry and their reputation is everything. This role is so important as the business drive excellence in everything that they do and want health and safety to be no different. If you are passionate about health and safety, a hands on strategic thinker who can hit the ground running- then this could be the opportunity to you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and confident Health and Safety Officer/ Coordinator to join a well-respected manufacturing business on their site in Great Yarmouth which focuses on repair, refurbish and maintenance of their products. Although you will join as an advisor there will be an opportunity to progress and prove yourself as a manager. They are leaders in their field with a long standing heritage in the area so you are in great company working for a business like this. There will be occasional travel to their sister site in Scotland.
You will be expected to work closely with everyone in the business to ensure they are continually compliant with the regulations and to ensure that health and safety is at the forefront of their employees mind. You will play a pivotal role in tendering for new business and spearheading the safety culture. You will carry out accident investigations, keep the systems up to date, create new procedures and systems and run/ organise training sessions. As they operate In the safety industry you need to demonstrate that the business is also driven to make sure their staff are safe.
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but Diploma Level would be preferable.
• Member of IOSH.
• Lead auditor of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 is desirable but experience with managing and maintaining is required.
Experience and background:
• Experience of working in the oil, gas or marine industry is preferred however someone from a wider repair and maintenance engineering background would also work.
• Knowledge of procedures for developing behavioural health & safety management programmes.
• Managing and maintaining ISO 14001 and/or OHSAS 18001.
• Previous experience of liaising with external organisations and regulatory authorities.
• Strong communication skills.
• Keen and enthusiastic- someone that wants to come in and make their mark with a strong work ethic.
• Work with people to create solutions that work for them.
If you are interested in finding out more please call Aisling Reid on 01214545000.