Senior Safety Advisor
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103406
Senior Safety Advisor London, The HSE Recruitment Network is currently working with a leading Events company in the London area, We are searching for Safety Advisor on a full time permanent basis.
Working alongside our safety advisors you will business partner with key departments, lead on projects and to deputise for the Head of Safety where required.
To be considered for this Senior Safety Advisor position in London you must meet the criteria below:
• Demonstrable experience in health, safety and fire advice. Level 5 or 6 qualification in Health, Safety and Fire (NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or H&S Degree).
• Graduate Member of IOSH
• Industry experience in either, Manufacturing, Retail, Hospitality, Leisure, CDM, or Public sector is paramount.
• Demonstrable experience of advising on the development, implementation and maintenance of a health and safety management system, including strategy and programmes in a changing environment.
• Experience in auditing of management systems.
• An awareness of local authority investigations and procedures in relation to enforcement.
• Experience of delivering elements of projects and programmes of change.
• Competent use of Microsoft office software products
• Excellent communications skills including writing reports.
• An aptitude to build effective relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong time management skills with a strong focus on delivery.
• A confident and flexible approach when challenging set procedures and comfortable in driving change.
• A strong focus on customer service and finding solutions.
• Fire NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent Fire engineering qualification
• Safety Experience within the creative industries, construction, manufacturing or events
Here is a synopsis of just some of the responsibilities for The Senior Safety Advisor:
• To lead on the improvement of health, safety and fire performance in designated business areas.
• To develop strong relationships and influence behaviours across all areas of the NT to facilitate the promotion of health and safety awareness and drive best practice.
• To deputise for the Head of Safety, when they are not available.
• To support the development and ongoing management of departmental safety risk registers to enable the identification and reduction of significant business risks.
• To challenge accepted views of health and safety within the business in regards to working practise, processes and methodologies.
Package: Circa 45k Negotiable with 28 days annual leave and other great benefits.
Please email James.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000 for more information
Closing date: 29th of October 2018.