Health Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: £40000 - £42000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103404
Do you want to work for an impressive and leading UK FMCG company where Health and Safety is a priority? Do you want to be hands on, build creative solutions and drive change? If so, this is the role for you!
As Health and Safety Manager you will be an integral part of a robust and knowledgeable HSE Department. This role would ideally suit an pragmatic and proactive individual who will thrive in a supportive environment working closely with the Site General Manager. You will be based on a complex single site and responsible for sharing best practice and providing management and guidance within a Health and Safety remit.
Role: Health , Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary : £40,000 - £42,000 per annum + Package
• Support the timely delivery of Health & Safety objectives across the site and drive ownership of HS&E
• Analyse and provide accident incident investigation reports
• Support the improvement and alignment of risk and safety standards
• Monitor and improve the local Health & Safety polices and plans in line with legal, group and customer requirement.
• Provide technical and other advice and assistance the senior leadership team and ensure accountability
• Drive a positive safety culture across the site at all levels
• Highlight and support the drive continuous improvement and best practice
• Hands on Health, Safety and environmental support with regular manufacturing walks across all site
• Be involved and proactive in safety meetings to share best practice and drive yearly improvements to reduce accidents and control risk.
• Responsible for all safety training and coaching across all sites
• Lead on the 14001 conversion
• Pragmatic and proactive in approach
• Able to work autonomously and able to engage others
• Assertive and practical
Background / Essentials:
• NEBOSH Certificate ideally working towards their diploma (or equivalent)
• Experience in a Manufacturing environment, ideally Food or Dairy or Beverages
• Able to demonstrate tangible achievements
• Able to coach, mentor and train others
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.