Health, Safety and Environmental Adviser
Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103396
Role: Health, Safety and Environmental Adviser (Sustainability and CSR)
You have the chance to join a British fast paced manufacturing organisation as a HSE Manager across a large and complex single site! You will have the security of being owned by a large organisation, but they have retained their family feel and stayed true to their heritage.
• Review HSE Strategy for the sites and make sure it is communicated, implemented and maintained, within cross functional departments.
• Drive and support a positive culture and improve safety behaviours
• Lead and implement sustainability and CSR programmes with the support of the leadership team
• Create new, innovative environmentally friendly projects to reduce waste
• Develop and monitor the company's sustainability performance
• Communicating and marketing sustainability campaigns to internal and external stakeholders, working closely with HR, PR, and Marketing.
• Management of all waste streams, including the Water Treatment Plant and wetland
• Work with all departments to minimise waste and maximise recycling opportunities
• Chair Health and Safety meetings making sure it is prioritised across all projects.
• Drive accountability across the site for Health and Safety
• Adapt and implement a aligned training matrix for all staff
• Ensure the business is compliant to current legislation and regulations
• Build rapport at board level and with stakeholders
• Devise and deliver monthly reports for the Operations Manager and Board of Directors
• Provide support and guidance for all members of the management team
• Lead inspections and audits
• Guide and manage the company in regards to correct PPE
• Develop, create and implement a business improvement plan for Health and Safety and manage performance
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Food or beverage manufacturing experience is desirable but may look at wider manufacturing experience if relevant
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is desired but may consider certificate level with the right experience
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, robust and engaging
• Able to be both strategic and hands on
• Driven in their approach
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.