Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103392
You have the chance to join a high risk marine engineering business as their Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager (QHSE) at their site in Gibraltar. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a world leader in the marine sector as part of their senior leadership team. The role is integral to this busy site as the business drives excellence in everything that they do, including health and safety.
This is a permanent position and will suit someone who is looking to continue their career in this beautiful part of the world. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a world renowned repair and maintenance site which has anything from 220-400 staff on site. They are a global company, operating at the upper end of the market and are a leader in their field. You will manage a range of risks on site including confined spaces, heavy lifts, cranes, LOLER, PUWER, steel and pipe work as well as mechanical and electrical.
You will be expected to work closely with the MD and the operations team to create the strategy on the site. You will then work closely with your team of 6 to implement and action the plan. There is a strong culture on site around health and safety and it is the first consideration. They have ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 in place so it will be your responsibility to manage, maintain, improve and audit these systems. Although this role is tactical it is also equally important you are engaging and a visible presence on site to ensure safety remains a top priority. You must drive a positive behavioural and cultural safety programme.
What is needed from you:
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
• Management systems experience with ISO 14001, 9001 and OHSAS 18001 and be an internal auditor
• Ideally you will have worked in a high risk heavy engineering environment with a similar risk problem such as - marine, dockyard, navy, heavy engineering, construction to name a few
You need to be:
• Someone who can work under pressure and be available as per the demands of the site
• Strength of character and assertive when needed
• Engaging and approachable
• Strong communication skills
Would you like to know more? Please apply with your up to date CV and you we will call with more information.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION AND THERE IS NO RELOCATION PACKAGE WITH THE ROLE.