Group Head of Health and Safety
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Location: East Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103380
If you are looking to work for a fast paced, family owned company who recognises innovative ideas and is currently going through a phase of growth ? This is the role for you!
Job Title :- Group Head of Health and Safety
Company :- Confidential FMCG Company (Food)
Location :- East Midlands covering 6 sites across the UK
Package :- £55,000 per annum, car allowance and private medical cover
Please note, there are no direct reports but site level H&S professionals will report to site director.
• To provide leadership and guidance on all Health, Safety and Security for governance and legal compliance for the business
• Create and implement a fit for purpose group safety plan and ensure practicality
• Regularly review the security performance
• Ensure that the policies and procedures in place are up to date and that they are applied in daily business
• The first point of contact for the group for H&S with external agencies and bodies
• Champion a positive Health and Safety culture and behavioural change programme
• Lead and manage health and safety for projects and programmes across the sites and play a vital role in providing governance for the safety management systems and control standards that are being delivered.
• Continue to improve the accidents and incidents rates across the sites
• Supporting the sites, ensuring there is no place for complacency
• Ensuring continuity and that all the different sites operate at the same standard within Health, Safety and Security.
• Ensure that sites are driving the highest standards of training, mentoring and coaching and also sharing best practice
• Set and drive KPI's and targets for managers and ensuring accountability
• Audit the core training/competency assessment requirements for H&S procedures. Ensuring all training is documented and available in a suitable format for external auditors such as BRC.
Personality traits :-
• Passionate and able to engage others
• Pragmatic and proactive in approach
• Able to work autonomously
• Natural leader
• Innovative and able to think outside the box
Background / Essentials:-
• NEBSOH Diploma as a minimum (or equivalent)
• Graduate member of IOSH (as a minimum)
• The ideal candidate would come from food manufacturing background or similar
• Driving Licence
• First Aid certificate
Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.