Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103376
You have the chance to join an industry leading manufacturing business as their dual site Health, Safety and Environmental Manager covering a site in Dudley (main site) and another in Leicester. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business who pride themselves on their ‘can do' attitude, working within a client facing business that have a very diverse portfolio and develop their offering to suit the market conditions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HSE Manager who thrives in a business that is advanced in certain aspects but in the same respect has its own unique challenges and development areas. This person will ensure that the business is protected, the staff are working in a safe manner and provide solutions to ever changing production process.
You will be expected to develop, deliver, and maintain a full range of health and safety policies and procedures to govern the organisations operations and ensure compliance with relevant UK legislation and company policies. You will implement and manage ISO 9001,14001 and 45001 for the business and ensure that this is understood by the rest of the business. With a team beneath you, you will mentor and provide guidance, offer training in house and ensure that safety is understood and practised across all operations. You must be pragmatic but also be strong enough to stand your ground and push back as there is an old school mentality around safety
You must have:
• Experience in a similar management role
• Manufacturing experience with a similar risk profile to this manufacturing plant i.e wood shop, press shop, welding, fabrications, grinding, chemical, DSEAR, wet paint, powder plant, paint shop etc.
• Implementation and management experience of ISO 14001 and 45001
• Quality Experience especially with ISO 9001 would be a bonus
• Diploma in health and safety from any avenue (NVQ, NEBOSH, NCRQ or degree)
• Good working relationship with regulators, council and HSE
• Mentoring and training experience
• Be able to work to tight and at times changing timescales
• Solutions focused, working with everyone to create a safe working environment that doesn't effect what the customer is asking for
• Open minded with the ‘can do' attitude
• High standards of compliance
• Stand alone, lead and work autonomously
• Visible presence on the shop floor
• Resilient and a strong character
If you would like to see the job spec and discuss the role in more detail please send across your up to date CV to email@example.com.