Group Health, Safety and Security Manager
Salary: £65000 - £80000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103371
Job Title :- Group Health, Safety Manager
Company :- Dairy Crest
Location :- Home based with regular travel across 7 UK sites (2 corporate and 5 manufacturing sites) :- Surrey, Newport, Somerset, Cornwall, Liverpool, Warwickshire and Kent
Package :- competitive + travel allowance + company car + bonus and private medical cover
Dairy Crest Limited is the UK leading Dairy company, supplying a number of household names including Clover, Country Life, Utterly Butterly, Fry Light and Cathedral City cheese amongst others.
The business is seeking a Group Health, Safety and Security Manager; reporting in to the Group Technical and Compliance Director you will be responsible for providing strategic expertise and leadership for the Health, Safety and Security department across all 7 sites in the UK.
Their success has been built on having strong links to the countryside, dairy heritage and having the right people in the business. The business is aiming to grow through a shared passion to create exceptional food, loved by every generation.
Dairy Crest invests heavily in their people and are big believers in developing and empowering the workforce. They aim for the staff to have a purpose, own their role and positively challenge one another.
• Provide leadership and guidance on all HS&S governance for the business
• Ensure that the policies and procedures in place are up to date and that they are applied in daily business
• Challenge, test and improve the yearly charter taken from the Health and Safety Policy
• Enable Dairy Crest to excel in HS&S and push the boundaries of what is possible
Key goals for the successful candidate :-
• Lead and manage health and safety for projects and programmes across the sites and play a vital role in providing governance for the safety management systems and control standards that are being delivered.
• Continue to improve the accidents and incidents rates across the sites
• Supporting the sites, ensuring there is no place for complacency
• Promote a positive safety culture and improve the behavioural change across the sites while driving Dairy Crest towards interdependency
• Ensuring continuity and that all sites operate at the same standard within Health, Safety, Environmental and Security.
• Create and implement a fit for purpose Mental Health Strategy and support Occupational Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
• Support the sites in working towards achieving ISO 45001
• Manage and improve contractor control and ensure that the right measures are in place to improve the levels of supervision.
Personality traits :-
• Passionate and able to engage others
• Pragmatic and proactive in approach
• Able to work autonomously
• Natural leader
• Innovative and able to think outside the box
Background / Essentials:-
• NEBSOH Diploma as a minimum (or equivalent)
• Graduate member of IOSH (as a minimum)
• Working experience surrounding CE, PUWER and ATEX
• The ideal candidate would come from food manufacturing background or similar
Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.