Food, Health & Safety Advisor
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103344
The HSE Recruitment Network is currently recruiting for a Food, Health & Safety Advisor for a leading Food Retailer in the UK on a full time permanent basis field based.
The main focus of the role is too act as focal point for the Operational teams on all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Safety.
The successful Food, Health & Safety Advisor will Implement and improve suitable and effective Health & Safety policies, procedures and standards across the business.
The Food, Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for:
• Undertaking accident and incident investigations, working to identify root causes.
• Supporting the management of the third-party auditor processes.
• Ensuring safe systems of work are in place.
• Designing Food Safety and Health & Safety training and providing support to operational Team Members including attendance at Ops Meetings.
• Promoting a positive Food Safety and Health & Safety culture across the estate.
• Assisting in the production of safety documentation and promotional material for internal use around policies and procedures.
• Keeping up to date with appropriate legislation and Company policy and procedures.
• Liaising with our insurance broker on issues relating to current and future Public and Employee Liability claims providing relevant information where required.
• Liaising with Local Licencing Authorities, EHOs and Fire Authorities regarding enforcement and compliance issues, inspections, surveys and required improvements.
• Providing support to restaurants with regards to reported incidents and the handling of food and safety related complaints.
• Responding to guest complaints relating to food, health and safety matters.
• Utilise the AIRS Database to record and report on Food Safety and Health & Safety related issues, accidents and complaints.
• Reporting serious accidents to the enforcing authority where they are covered under statutory regulations (RIDDOR). • Any other reasonable duties as communicated by the Health & Safety Manager.
To be considered for this Food, Health & Safety Advisor:
• A ‘can-do' positive attitude, motivated and driven to ‘make it happen', flexible and pro-active.
• The ability to work in a high-paced environment with strict deadlines.
• Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail, able to work on multiple assignments, across multiple geographic locations, and the ability to deal with adhoc requests.
• Excellent problem-solving skills – be solution driven.
• Minimum Level 3 accredited Health & Safety qualification (or equivalent)
• Technical Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), working towards Graduate Membership
• Graduate level education desirable. Experience:
• Proven experience in a Food Safety and Health & Safety background preferably in hospitality or comparable sector.
Package: £30 k (+ company car) or £35K (without company car) 30K-35K (competitive depending on experience)
Please email James.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 0121 454 5000