Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103329
You have the chance to join a large manufacturing business as their Health, Safety and Environmental Manager at their site in North Birmingham. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established business in a senior leadership position. This role is so important as the business is going through a new phase of how they approach, do and see health and safety. If you a proven track record of making improvements within a fast paced and demanding environment then this could be the next role for you.
You will be expected to work closely with the Plant Director, your two direct reports and across all functions in the business to facilitate this change. This is a unionised environment with around 400 staff on a 24/7 operation. You have the support of the parent company and the other managers in the business to ensure that an open and positive health and safety culture is driven.
You will be expected to roll your sleeves up, be a visible presence on the shop floor and look at getting the basics right first. You have two direct reports and a dozen safety representatives on site to support you but it is imperative you are the face of this alongside them. You will work closely with external bodies and improve the relationships and the reputation of the business. You will assist in everything from near miss reporting, create KPI's and lead in house training with managers to ensure a consistent message is being driven home. You will create and implement a company strategy in relation to all elements of health and safety and look to future proof the business.
What I need from you:
• Someone who is resilient and determined
• A doer- someone who will get out onto the shop floor and focus on being a driver for change.
• Ability to relate and communicate with all levels, building up those levels of trust
• Someone who is direct, can communicate in their discipline in layman's terms and can persuade people to their way of thinking
• Diploma Level in NEBOSH, NVQ or NCRQ route in Health and Safety
• IEMA certificate would be desirable
• Degree level in any subject would be desirable but not necessary
• Systems experience (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001)
• Manufacturing or heavy industrial experience
• Someone who has worked within a very challenging environment before but despite this you have a proven track record of making improvements
If you are interested in hearing more then please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000.