Salary: £30000 - £38000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103294
Do you want to work for a global business as the Lead Health, Safety and Environmental (SHE) Coordinator at one of their high profile chemical manufacturing sites? This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business in a single site role. This role opens up opportunities to shape the future of the business, through a period of exciting change. If you are passionate about health and safety, can get people to conform to your way of thinking and influence at all levels of the business, this could be the opportunity for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SHE Officer or Manager to join a world renowned business in their site in Goole. They are a global company with sites across the world to support their growing customer base and as such there are long term progression opportunities across the wider group. They are a very modern company who strive for excellence aiming to be an employer of choice. You will have exposure to key stakeholders in the wider group and will work as part of a team of five with two direct reports in driving safety excellence.
You will be expected to develop, deliver, and maintain a full range of SHE policies and procedures to govern the organisations operations and ensure compliance with relevant UK legislation and company policies. A key responsibility for this role is to work towards increased accountability and improve culture as they are going through a behavioural safety programme. Alongside this you will be involved in anything from contractor management, risk assessments, incident recording and audits to name a few. Being an Upper Tier COMAH site you will deal closely with the HSE and the Environment agency.
You must have:
• Certificate level may be considered if you can demonstrate the desired background and level of experience
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent NVQ/NCRQ/Degree) would be desirable as would membership of IOSH
• You MUST have chemical manufacturing, general manufacturing or engineering experience but a benefit would be that you have worked on a COMAH site
• Management experience or mentoring experience
• Be engaging and personable working as part of a team
• Strong character who can step up into a management positions in the future
• Driven and Ambitious
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships
• Self-motivated and can work autonomously