HSE Compliance Officer
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103292
You have the chance to join a Global Business as a HSE Compliance Officer at their site in in Aston. The role will allow you the autonomy to make your mark in a challenging, high risk environment which offers different and varied obstacles. If you are passionate about health and safety, want to develop your own skills as part of a team of three and be exposed to a dangerous process environment then this could be the perfect opportunity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HSE Officer to join a well-established Global Manufacturer on one of their busy sites in Aston. They are well respected in the metals industry and supply various markets as an extremely diverse business but do not shy away from the fact this is a troubled site when it comes to safety. You will work closely with the HSE Manager and the other officer in a challenging, hazardous setting that offers long term opportunities.
You will be expected to provide leadership and direction on a full range of HSE policies and procedures to govern the organisations operations and ensure compliance with relevant UK legislation. Your responsibility will be to really look and monitor in detail at what is happening on site, the processes, procedures, peoples actions and everything in between and ensure the reporting and recording of this is done correctly and accurately. You will do risk assessments and fully investigate accidents, provide technical compliance across the site. You will occasionally go to their other UK site on occasional travel.
You will ideally have:
• A degree level qualification in an engineering or health and safety discipline would be desirable but NEBOSH Certificate will be considers if other criteria is fulfilled.
• Have experience within a high risk manufacturing or engineering background such as the metals, foundry, component industry.
• A strong work ethic is a must and an engaging personality.
• You will be someone who can think outside the realms of traditional health and safety and get people on board with policies and procedures you put in place.
• You need to have a real attention to detail and someone compliance driven.
Would you like to know more? Please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0121 454 5000 or email email@example.com