Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103258
A very exciting opportunity has arose at a leading UK manufacturer for a Health and Safety Advisor who are very well established in their market and a true market leader. This role sits as part of a team of three at their large manufacturing site in Hartlebury, with the potential to truly make your mark here. No two days are the same in this role and you will learn a lot and develop your skill set within a friendly, supportive and dynamic working environment.
This position, for a Health and Safety Advisor, is a really great opportunity to build upon your skill set and develop your career on a site of around 350 staff in a varied and fast paced environment. The risk profile for this site includes everything from manufacturing both on a commercial scale right through to bespoke customer built products, to fleet and logistics and distribution and storage of large and heavy products.
Working as part of a team you will be expected to take a very hands on approach along with the team in addressing a range of health and safety issues on site. You will deal directly with the shop floor taking a solutions focused and pragmatic approach. No two days will be the same here; you will be doing everything from trend spotting on key KPI's then addressing these, to manual handling training, risk assessments and inductions.
• NEBOSH Certificate or IOSH managing safely
• Manufacturing or logistics/distribution experience would be ideal but we will consider people out of this market if you are the right type of person. (See below)
• Day to day health and safety experience
You must be:
• Confident and enthusiastic
• A strong communicator
• Friendly and approachable
• Someone who can work autonomously with minimal direction, a ‘self starter'
• Able to get stuck in on site and deal directly with the shop floor
This role is commutable from Worcester, Bromsgrove, Kiddeminster and the surrounding area. You are interested in hearing more, please forward your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0121 454 5000.