Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103254
You have the chance to join a global business as a Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator at one of their chemical manufacturing sites. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business in a single site role. This role opens up opportunities to shape the future of the business, through a period of exciting change. If you are passionate about health and safety, can get people to conform to your way of thinking and influence at all levels of the business, this could be the opportunity for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SHE Officer or Manager to join a world renowned business in their site in Hull. They are a global company with sites across the world to support their growing customer base and as such there are long term progression opportunities across the wider group. They are a very modern company who strive for excellence aiming to be an employer of choice.
You will be expected to develop, deliver, and maintain a full range of SHE policies and procedures to govern the organisations operations and ensure compliance with relevant UK legislation and company policies. A key responsibility for this role is to work towards increased accountability and improve culture. You will mentor another member of staff and future proof the future of the health and safety team with potential promotional opportunities on site and across the group in the future. Alongside this you will be involved in anything from contractor management, risk assessments, incident recording and audits to name a few.
You must have:
• Certificate level may be considered if you can demonstrate the desired background and level of experience.
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent NVQ/NCRQ/Degree) would be desirable as would membership of IOSH.
• You MUST have chemical manufacturing but a benefit would be COMAH experience.
• Management experience or mentoring experience.
• Be engaging and personable.
• Strong character who can step up in 3+ years into a move senior role and who has the desire and ambition to do so.
• Have good attention to detail.
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships.
• Self-motivated and can work autonomously.
Closing date for the role is 8th June.
Would you like to know more? Please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0121 454 5000 or email email@example.com