Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103245
I am representing a global manufacturing business who are looking for a Health and Safety Manager at their UK site in Coventry. If you are a practical, adaptable and contemporary health and safety professional who will work with people to move an organisation in a more forward thinking direction the you could be the perfect fit for the role. If you are passionate about health and safety, can get people to conform to your way of thinking and influence at all levels of the business, then please read on.
Due to a reorganisation in the business there has been a newly created role for a Health and Safety Manager who is required to lead and coordinate across a large manufacturing site. You will work closely with your team and the engineering manager to proactively improve culture on site. There needs to be increased accountability across all departments for health and safety so you will work, in a hands on capacity, upskilling other members of staff including managers to understand their responsibility- not just doing the job for them. You will create KPI's for the site and drive these forward.
Qualification and Background experience
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent NVQ/NCRQ/Degree)
• Certificate level may be considered if they can demonstrate the desired background
• Must have worked in a fast paced manufacturing business
• Experience with OHSAS 18001 management systems and ideally be an auditor
• Show drive and passion for the role and company
• Be engaging and personable
• Have the ability to influence at all levels but be resilient and push back when required
• Be a strong communicator and have the ability to build relationships
• Self-motivated and able to take a very proactive approach
Would you like to know more? Please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0121 454 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for this role will be Wednesday 15th May for the initial shortlist.