Health And Safety Manager - Manchester
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103243
Are you an experienced Health & Safety Manager within Warehousing or Transport? Are you working towards CMIOSH, With a NEBOSH Diploma?
The HSE Recruitment Network is recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager around the Manchester area this is technically a home based role but being located in and around Staffordshire, Cheshire or Manchester would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will identify and drive improvements in Health & Safety across our depots in the north of England.
To be considered for this Health & Safety Manager job you must have the following:
Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with significant Health & Safety Management experience, preferably gained in a logistics environment
• Educated to degree level
• Chartered Member of IOSH or equivalent
• Warehouse and / or transport experience
• Engaging approach to safety management
• IT literate/ Analytical
• Hold a full UK driving licence
• Proven track record as a Health & Safety Manager in a similar role with responsibility for managing Health & Safety across multiple sites
• To provide professional Health & Safety advice, guidance and support to our depots
• To work with staff at all levels across the business to establish a strong and positive Health & Safety culture and to drive the continual improvement of performance
• To conduct second party audits to ensure compliance and improvement
• To support business change through effective change management processes
• To deliver Health & Safety improvement projects using project management skills
• To be a coach and mentor to your depots' Site Excellence Managers
• To maintain strong working relationships with enforcing bodies and industry organisations
• Credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change
• Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation
• Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with an ability to build and develop strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders up to Board level
• Excellent coaching experience with an ability to develop and up skill
• Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
• Able to work independently to deadlines and under pressure with confidence whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Commercial awareness and exceptional customer focus
Package: 40-45k Benefits: pension, 25 days holiday pa, company car, BUPA, childcare vouchers, personal accident scheme, employee discounts
To find out more about this opportunity please contact James Uddin on 0121 454 5000.