Health and Safety Advisor
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103202
Do you want to work for a leading UK manufacturing company and put your own stamp on Health and Safety? Are you looking to progress and grow quickly in a fast paced organisation? - If so this is the job for you!
This role would ideally suit an ambitious individual who will thrive in a supportive environment where you have the autonomy to take ownership of projects and drive positive change. As Health and Safety Adviser you will be an integral part of the HSE Department to support the drive of business continuity, culture change and evaluate and enhance HSE standards across the site – all at a very exciting time with the site on track to double production levels.
Health and Safety Adviser
Salary £25,000 -30,000 per annum + package
• Take ownership of personal and business goals and objectives
• Influence and change behaviour to achieve business objectives and improve safety standards
• Coach and develop line managers so they feel confident in taking ownership of health and safety
• You will adapt to meet the challenges of a fast paced environment with lots of variety
• Drive safety performance towards the business commitment to continuous improvement
• Ensure the site is audit ready at all times for customer visits
• You will work closely with the operations team and key members of the leadership team to meet safety, quality, service and cost objectives
• Benchmark safety standards against other organisations to evaluate performance levels and identify opportunities for improvement
• Provide a pragmatic approach to deliver a positive safety culture
• Hands on HSE support with regular manufacturing walks
• Provide group support for HSE across the company including legal guidance
• Be responsible for claims handling alongside management
• Identify problems and produce and implement solutions which are appropriate and fit the business.
• Ambitious and driven
• Enthusiastic and confident in their abilities
• Dynamic and pragmatic in approach
• Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
• Desire to learn and progress
Background / Essentials:
• NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent)
• Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing or similar environment
• Delivered pragmatic solutions
• Able to demonstrate tangible results
• Able to coach, mentor and train
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: Contact Sophia Darwin on 0121 454 5000.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.