Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103174
You have the chance to join a waste and recycling business as their Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager (HSEQ). This single site role, reporting into the Site Director, is a really great opportunity for someone who wants to come in to a business, implement their own ideas and put their own stamp on a business.
This site has around 120 staff and a varied risk profile. It is everything from hazardous waste, machinery, fleet management and lone driver working. The business are one of four UK business units for this group but operate as an independent and separate network. Bridging the gap between these businesses, other HSE teams and encouraging best practice would be encouraged.
They have done a lot over the past 5 years around health and safety, there is a good culture in place and they are proactive in having safety conversations. They now want to build upon this. You will be responsible for the management and improvements around the ISO 14001, 9001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems. You will be working closely with the Site Director in identifying key problems and development areas in the creation of a 12 month plan.
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) would be desirable but certificate level will be considered if you possess the skill set for the role.
• Management systems experience with ISO 14001, 9001 and OHSAS 18001.
• Ideally you will have worked in a high risk environment such as the following sectors; Waste, Recycling, Chemical, Heavy manufacturing to name a few.
You must be someone who can:
• Work autonomously in creating and implementing as HSEQ plan.
• Have strength of character and assertive when needed
• Engaging and approachable with strong communication skills
• Hands on in their approach but capable of reporting to and influencing senior managers
Would you like to know more? Please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0121 454 5000 or email email@example.com