UK Risk Manager
Salary: £80000 - £95000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103140
Exceptional at managing risk…on a grand scale? The HSE Recruitment has been engaged by one of the biggest service providers in the UK to identify a commercially astute, forward-looking Risk Management professional to join their high-functioning senior management team in the role of UK Risk Manager.
The primary focus of this UK Risk Manager will be to ensure the business effectively and efficiently controls and manages risk across it's large and complex operations, which collectively employ more than 40,000 people across the UK.
Specifically, the UK Risk Manager will help ensure a proactive approach within the areas of:
• Operational Risk Management
• Budgeting, Forecasting, Work Winning and Capital Flow
• Business Continuity
• Information Security; in particular around ISO 27001 accreditation and the new GDPR regulations.
As such this position requires a commercial mind and an agile approach. Reporting to the CFO and working in close partnership with the HR Director and the Director of HSEQ, the successful individual will also prove themselves a key conduit between operational MDs and central functions (IT, Procurement, Legal etc.).
Key Competencies for the role of UK Risk Manager:
We are seeking a Risk Manager who is commercially-minded and emotionally intelligent, able to communicate effectively across regions, business streams and functional/operational areas.
To be shortlisted for this key position you must demonstrate:
• An understanding – through implementation and/or practical application – of Business Continuity Plans; both local and global, and spanning various incident levels.
• Knowledge and experience of implementing, managing and improving an ISMS, including gaining/maintaining accreditation to ISO 27001 and of ensuring compliance with the new GDPR regulations.
• A strong overall view on effective Risk Management strategies for large, complex businesses.
• Experience of effectively managing/supporting change programmes across a large, complex business.
• Commercial acumen, namely (1) the integration of risk management within wider operational standards, and (2) identifying potential opportunities for offering client-focused risk management services
• The ability to build, develop and leverage key internal relationships – both functional and operational – and of influencing at C-suite/board level.
Basic salary of up to £95,000 per annum, plus additional benefits reflective of the seniority of the position.
For further information and a confidential conversation please contact James Uddin on 0121 454 500 or email James.email@example.com.