Group HS Manager - Risk & Insurance
Salary: £50000 - £52000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103106
The HSE Recruitment Network wants to know if you are a Group Health & Safety Manager looking for a fresh opportunity to progress your career? Do you want to work for an employer who has strong values and is looking to empower a health and safety practitioner giving them autonomy to flourish within their logistics environment?
Well the HSE Recruitment Network have been retained by Davies Turner plc, a pioneer in the Freight and Logistics industry, which is searching for a Group Health & Safety Manager with additional responsibilities for Insurance and Risk Management on a full time basis in the West Midlands.
About Davies Turner
Davies Turner was established in 1870 and remains under the same family ownership. It is a private unquoted plc with a £150M turnover and over 800 employees. Whilst the company might be regarded as a "family business", it is highly commercial and run professionally.
The company offers comprehensive supply chain solutions for air, ocean, road and logistics through their international network of Partners. In the UK and Republic of Ireland the company has its own extensive network and is widely recognised as being the leading privately owned freight forwarding and logistics group in the UK.
The role reports to company's recently appointed Head of Legal and Company Secretary.
Overview of this Group Health & Safety Manager with additional responsibilities for Insurance and Risk Management
The position will be based at the group's head office in Coleshill, North Warwickshire with national coverage. The vacancy offers a challenging and varied workload in an innovative and fast moving commercial setting.
The primary purpose of this exciting opportunity is to protect the interests of the group and to further develop the existing high standards under which the business operates by the giving of reactive and proactive advice as required. The key elements of the role are health and safety compliance, insurance related matters and general risk management. You will have the ability to handle difficult situations and to deal with colleagues at all levels across the business and in regulatory bodies.
This Group Health & Safety Manager with additional responsibilities for Insurance and Risk Management must have:
• Degree in Health & Safety, a science or closely related subject or equivalent
• NEBOSH diploma (desirable)
• Member of relevant professional organisation (IOSH) and undertaking CPD
• Exceptional knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation, good practices and ongoing developments in this area
• Relevant health and safety experience in logistics, transport, retail or manufacturing
• Auditing and investigation skills
• Aspiration to be part of the senior management in an expanding business
• Confident, mature and commercially minded in acting as an independent opinion to the business and results driven
• A great communicator with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Pragmatic, bringing a background and experience to act on their own initiative to get involved and deliver
• Willing and able to travel to sites around the UK, and to work closely with the Head of Legal and Company Secretary also based in Coleshill, and other departmental colleagues
What is on Offer for this Group Health & Safety Manager with additional responsibilities for Insurance and Risk Management?
A highly competitive base salary of £45,000 to £50,000 (depending on experience) plus good benefits to include – company car allowance, pension and annual bonus together with the usual benefits.
You will have responsibility and autonomy within a very supportive environment.
All 3rd party applications will be forwarded to James.Uddin@hserecruitment.co.uk or please call 0121 454 5000