Salary: Competitive Salary
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 441103068
We are recruiting on a retained basis for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of carbon based products and the UK’s only carbon fiber manufacturing businesses.
Backed by their parent company – who offer continued investment matched to their ambitious growth plans – they are driven by excellence, so much so it is embedded in their company-wide philosopy. They invest heavily in their people and are big believers in promoting from within.
You will be based from a 24/7 operation with 250 staff in Inverness, with responsibility for an additional 40 staff at a sister site in Halifax. Being Inverness’ largest employer, they are driven to employ like-minded people who are committed to proactive leadership and to encouraging a culture of change, fostering continuous and measurable process improvements.
Working closely with the Site Director and other senior managers in the business you will:
• Provide strategic expertise, leadership and overarching expertise across Quality Assurance, Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
• Drive best practice, working to always upholding the SGL Excellence philosophy.
• Plan, manage, measure, evaluate and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiently of the Quality System including improvement of the culture, awareness, involvement and competency of the organisation.
• Develop and maintain the statutory compliance and industrial good practice in the operation of Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures, processes and training.
The successful candidates will:
• Have experience within an IMS, Quality or Engineering discipline (or equivalent).
• Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. It would be beneficial if you are a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
• Have experience within a general manufacturing background, ideally within a 24/7 production plant.
• Demonstrate experience developing, planning, managing and auditing Quality Management systems (to ISO 9001 standard), including improving the culture, awareness and competency of an organisation.
• Demonstrate how you have developed and maintained company compliance with health, safety and environmental policies, systems and procedures.
• Be passionate about leading QHSE from the front, demonstrating your ability and experience continually driving improvements and being an ambassador for change.
• Be an effective communicator, who can build long lasting relationships at all levels showing your ability to work at both a strategic level as well as being a visible presence on the shop floor.
• Take a clear and organised approach to managing an IMS function, showing attention to detail and taking a pragmatic approach to tasks.
• Have the technical experience and qualifications but also show your ability to make content and topics relatable to everyone in the business.
• Work as part of a close knit team who show passion and drive for everything you do, showing a strong and unwavering approach to customer service, team work and going that extra mile to achieve business goals.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary and excellent benefits package, including a very attractive bonus. If you are considering relocating to the area, a relocation package will be discussed.
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading employer in a senior management position, helping to shape and drive the future success of our already world leading business.
To apply please send your CV to our retained consultant, Aisling Reid, at The HSE Recruitment Network, quoting Inverness on 0121 454 5000 for a confidential discussion. Initial review of CVs will happen between 9th August until 21st August.