Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230235
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a manufacturing company in Chesterfield to find them a new HSEQ Manager.
This is a hands on role that will cover the Chesterfield site but also support a site in Scotland with travel there once a month. Chesterfield has pressing, fabrication and steel assembly whereas Scotland has stocks, printers, distribution and sales.
This is a small business who have the backing of a growing FTSE 250 company so you have the security of a larger company but the freedom and flexible of a smaller one.
You will assume overall responsibility and direction for Health, Safety, Environment, Quality, Welfare and Housekeeping on site. Working closely with he managers on site you will influence them and make clear the expectations to ensure uniformity and compliance across the sites.
Key Duties include:
• Management of Safety Cloud IMS.
• All audits including internal and with external certifying bodies.
• To ensure that all standards and accreditations are maintained.
• Management of all quality procedures and non-conformances.
• Working alongside Research & Development to ensure compliance on new and existing projects.
• Be fully conversant with the transfer of the standards applicable to the effective functionality design, manufacturing and distribution operations.
• Undertake, implement and manage site specific RAMS, PUWER, Safe Systems of Work and PPM plan
• Accident/Near Miss Investigations.
• Customer Service Investigations.
• Ensuring transport, loading and site safety requirements.
• Travel to site in Rutherglen as required.
• Communication with site specific Team Leaders.
• In conjunction with dedicated administration resource.
• Any other reasonable requests to support the smooth running of the company.
• NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent as a minimum.
• Manufacturing or engineering experience with exposure to the risk profile described above.
• An experience HSE professional, someone hands on and comfortable on the shop floor.
• Engaging people person but with the confidence to hold your own and push back when required.
Salary on offer is £40-45,000 with 20 days holiday plus 8 BH. The working hours are 8-5pm Monday to Thursday and a 4.30pm finish on Friday.
If you are interested in being considered, please apply or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org