SHEQ Manager/Business Partner
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230216
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
This role will support the Group in developing one way of working, establishing standards which will then be implemented within the Division.
• You will drive results across the Group and the Division, effecting change, driving improvements and transforming SHEQ management into a proactive, pragmatic and value added tool.
• You will be a champion to business, a trusted partner and an expert in their field.
• You will be highly visible, eager to learn and have a genuine passion for health, safety, environment and outstanding customer service and products.
• You will be pragmatic and commercially focused, delivering added value to the Division.
• You will support the Division in the creation of a working environment where compliance requirements and the principles of continual improvement are embedded into the business
• You will influence the Division to implement and drive change management programmes aimed at transforming the culture of SHEQ across the business, coaching our colleagues and leaders to identify, prevent or mitigate risks
• Leading on matters relating to compliance, safety, health, environment, quality and governance across the division
• Promoting, developing and establishing processes, procedures and a positive safety culture within the Division, ensuring it can meet its statutory legal requirements and contractual obligations and safeguarding the organisation’s reputation from a brand perspective
• Providing competent support and expert advice to stakeholders across the division
• Lead on RIDDOR investigations
• Overall responsibility to achieve, maintain and renew essential operational licenses, including ISO compliance and accreditation and LCA compliance and accreditation across the organisation, including enforcement and remedial advice in areas audited
• Develop, implement and maintain a set of Group wide (where possible) and Divisional (when required) operating standards which meet the required ISO standards
• Providing the Division with information, insight and regular reports in relation to SHEQ
• Ensuring SHEQ adds value to the operations within the Division and supports both the Division and Groups objectives
• Be an active member and pragmatically contribute to the Division senior leadership team
• Organising and presenting training and development forums to ensure relevant divisional stakeholders are enabled and supported in relation to SHEQ
• Managing divisional strategic risk register to provide oversight and challenge to the inputs received from the divisional senior leads on the strategic risks facing the business and the mitigation strategies required
• Supporting the division in responding to customers in relation to SHEQ compliance queries and be available to deal with and respond to any audits carried out by customers in relation to SHEQ and complaints.
• Driving results across the Division and wider Group
One or more of the following is essential:
• CMIOSH membership with supporting qualifications
• Associate member of IEMA with supporting qualification
• CQI Practitioner or equivalent
• Be recognised as a subject matter expert
• Management systems experience, specifically for ISO45001, ISO9001 and ISO14001
• Experience of integration and developing behavioural change programmes
• Willing to undertake familiarisation to fulfill the requirements of the role
• Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role
• Required to travel on company business
For further information on this position please contact Nathan Turley on Nathan.Turley@HSERecruitment.co.uk or call 0121 726 6623