Regional Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £31000 - £37000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230195
A fantastic opportunity has arose with the UKs leading waste and resource management company. We are working with them to recruit a Regional Health and Safety Advisor to cover the Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire area. Working as part of a team you will be key in continuing to drive the company’s strong stance on safety but in return you will be developed, supported and encouraged to push forward in your career.
As a company they drive excellence, learn from their mistakes and have established a strong health and safety culture. They run initiatives and behavioural based safety programmes which you will take the lead on in your region. They have a strong history of investing in their staff, have an established H&S team, so there is a long term career here for the right person.
The job itself is an all-encompassing health and safety role in a very diverse, unique and high risk environment. This is a supportive role so you must be visible visiting sites 3-4 days a week but you will be home based and trusted to manage your own diary. You will be involved in training, site inspections, helping with projects etc. This patch includes Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire so being based around Goole/Doncaster would be ideal as a central base but we will look at anyone in the area.
In summary, you will be the go to person in your region who will train, advise, guide and support the sites and the managers. You will ensure compliance and monitor the goals and KPIs. You will implement the group behavioural safety programme, create initiatives, assist, and support the development and implementation of a Health & Safety Plan focusing on continuous risk & accident reduction in conjunction with the teams.
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but ideally a Diploma Level qualification in H&S.
• Experince in a similar role with strong H&S knowledge.
• Waste/Recycling/Aggregates experience would be beneficial but not necessary as long as you have worked in a diverse high risk industry like manufacturing, engineering or construction.
• Passionate and can communicate and work collaboratively with sites understanding the financial impacts decisions have on sites.
• Personality fit is key, someone who is a team player, engaging, self-motivated, hardworking, good communicator and can manage their own time effectively.
Salary is between £31-37,000 depending on experience. The top end is reserved for a star candidate and someone with their Diploma and the lower end for someone with their Certificate. A company car or a car allowance of £5,200 per annum, 25 days holiday a year, bonus scheme depending on the company’s financial performance, option to buy up to an additional 5 holidays a year and life assurance and 6% pension contribution.
If selected interviews are due to take place between 8-10th November.
If you are interested in hearing more please apply or send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org