Salary: £40000 - £44000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230162
HSE Recruitment have been exclusively engaged by a manufacturing company in Kent to find them a new HSE Manager. If you want to work for a close knit, supportive company who will trust you to take ownership of H&S, trust you to steer them in the right direction and encourage more cross departmental interaction in improving the culture, then this could be the role for you.
This role will report into the Finance Director and you will be relied upon to identify gaps, come up with a plan, take full ownership of the HSE function and generally be the go to person for any HSE issues. You will work very closely with other senior managers, working cross functionally to encourage that ownership of safety.
Risks include general factory/workshop risks, manual handling, machinery and assembly work, HGV and forklift trucks, electrical work, remote workers etc.
This role covers three UK locations but day to day you will be based in Sheerness in Kent. You will travel to Telford once a fortnight and Falkirk twice a year. As well as manufacturing they install products so you may on occasion have to go to audit client sites.
What we are looking or:
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum but working towards or already holding a Diploma level qualification in H&S would be beneficial.
• Ideally manufacturing experience but we may consider warehousing experience as well.
• An experienced HSE professional, someone who is confident and capable of being the go to point of contact for three sites, who can create a plan and strategy and ensure it is actioned. You may be an experienced HSE advisor ready for your first manager role or a manager ready for a change.
• A people person, engaging, friendly but also someone who is confident, can hold their own and can push back, will command a room and have an opinion, it’s just about delivering it in the right way.
• Organised, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Salary and Package on offer is £40-44,000 + £6,000 car allowance, 5% pension contribution, 28 days holiday (including Bank but you can buy more), BUPA health care.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a call.