Health and Safety Specialist
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230105
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a world leading, established, innovative manufacturing company to source them a Health, Safety and Wellbeing Specialist based in Kemsley, Sittingbourne on a permanent basis. If you are looking for a varied role that will challenge you, that allows you to embed yourself as part of a team and to get stuck into some really exciting projects then this is the role for you.
This is a large complex site with lots of high risk activities ongoing. This role is focusing on H&S but as there is a strong wellbeing strategy being implemented you will support with this and depending on your exposure to wellbeing, you can either drive the activities or the strategy.
You will report into the EHS manager and work alongside a team of H&S advisors who specialise in different areas of the site. This role has come about due to increased workload and the business driving towards world best in class. You will support and lead on a range of ongoing projects, progress the wellbeing strategy, improve the business management systems and generally supporting the site in all things HS&W. The culture is as you would expect in manufacturing, the site has lots of good practice but they want to help standardise, improve the site and push it to the next level.
What we are looking for:
- Experienced H&S professional.
- Wellbeing experience would be beneficial but not more so than strong H&S experience so an interest or passion for driving and supporting a wellbeing programme would be considered as well.
- Diploma Level qualified in H&S ideally or working towards.
- Ideally coming from a production, manufacturing or heavy engineering background so you understand the risks, culture challenges etc. but we will consider outside of this for the right person.
- Someone engaging, hands on and comfortable on the shop floor and dealing with stakeholders, who can bring people on that culture change journey.