Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230072
Nottingham, UK (partly-remote)
£35,000 - £40,000
My client A global technology and engineering organization in the predictive analytics and machine health mark are a rapidly expanding SME in the wind energy sector with offices in the UK, Spain, USA, Korea, India, Australia & China. Our products and services improve the operating efficiency of wind turbines around the world.
Working with stakeholders globally, you will ensure that risk is systematically assessed. You will develop compact, accessible and straightforward policies and procedures that mitigate this risk. Where growth requires us to respond flexibly to the unexpected, you will bring a pragmatic, hands-on approach to doing what is needed to respond.
We are ISO45001 and 9001 accredited, and also benefit from governance in the safety space via our parent company, BP. Experience of risk assessment and mitigation around working from height and delivering through sub-contractors would be an advantage. Strong document management skills and experience of MS Sharepoint will also be important. Some training as a mental health first aid rep and a clear enthusiasm for the environment and renewables would also be helpful.
1. work with colleagues around the world to co-ordinate and drive our Safety performance
2. working closely with our facilities rep, co-ordinate our transition to new ways of working post-COVID 19
3. co-ordinate a more structured approach to staff health and wellbeing to support this transition
4. ensure that the resources, training and knowledge required to support a culture of safety are available, accessible and understood by all staff across all our locations
5. co-ordination of our ISO accreditation programme (45001, 9001)
6. support commercial bids/tender processes
7. co-ordinate our incident reporting process and the systematic response to incidents and investigation
8. drive and develop our safety observation programme
9. provide regular reporting to stakeholders as required
10. support and enable the groups/forums that provide assurance/governance around our safety culture.
11. manage our policy and procedure framework and document management system
12. develop and deliver engaging training resources and communications materials
1. Experienced H&S practitioner with a recognized institutional membership/qualification (or working towards)
2. Trained mental health first aider
3. Experience of working within a structured safety management system environment
4. Good document management and policy development skills (eg RAMS, Sharepoint)
5. Ability to draft clear, accessible and compact policy and procedure documents
6. Understanding of risk, and a systematic approach to assessment and mitigation
7. ISO accreditation and audit process knowledge
8. A strong communicator and relationship builder; good stakeholder management skills
9. Comfortable in an environment of change and ambiguity
10. Pragmatic and flexible approach – willing to roll sleeves up
11. Understanding of how organisations create a strong safety culture
12. Exposure to commercial/customer-facing environments a plus
13. Understanding of engineering project delivery in a global context a plus
14. Experience of working in a JV environment a plus
The company are independently incorporated in 6 locations globally, and wholly owned by the BP organisation. Renewable energy and wind power are in our DNA. We are excited about being part of BP’s low carbon and digital transformation and the opportunities this partnership presents for growth and career development for our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in the STEM sector. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.