Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230054
HSE recruitment have been engaged by a unique, bespoke and truly one of a kind business to find them a new Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager at their site in Wrexham. We are seeking an experienced HSEQ Professional to continue their excellent track record in health and safety and contribute to the company’s ongoing success. Your knowledge and skills will be invaluable in creating a clean and safe working environment and a happy workforce for our 50 plus employees.
This role may suit someone who is in an HSE advisor, officer or coordinator looking for their step up into a management role or perhaps someone who wants to work for an organisation who are passionate and immensely proud of what they do and lead them through a period of change.
• Provide Environmental, health and safety (EHS) advice to employees so they can execute their duties as required. Guide and advise site personnel on safe working practices, including operational, machine and equipment safety.
• Drive excellence in all areas of workshops through audits and inspections.
• Rewrite policies and risk assessments to fit the growing business.
• Annual review of health safety environment and quality (HSEQ) group policy.
• Support in the development of a company-wide health and safety and quality policy and system, supporting all teams in achieving health and safety and quality excellence through a positive approach to reporting and proactive approach to prevention and accountability.
• Undertake risk and control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) assessments, permit to work requirements, co-ordinate regulatory inspections/monitoring, auditing etc.
• To ensure all statutory inspections e.g., lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations (LOLER) Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) Legionella are carried out and any remedial actions are completed.
• Establish safe systems of work along with relevant documentation.
• Set and maintain preventative maintenance schedules to reduce downtime for critical pieces of equipment.
• Facilities manage all workshops including regular review of dangerous substances and explosive atmospheres regulations (DSEAR) risk assessments, fire risk assessments, legionella risk assessments and asbestos risk assessments.
• NEBOSH certificate level or equivalent as a minimum .
• Experience with quality as well as H&S
• A knowledge of manufacturing ideally furniture or wood manufacturing and finishing.
• Practical experience of completing and carrying out daily, weekly, monthly, and annual risk assessments and method statements and all regularly requirements such as COSHH, LOLER, PSSR, DSEAR, LEV, PAT and Fire testing etc.
• Experience of managing stock control, housekeeping and logistics.
• An interest in design or a passion for craftsmanship with a desire to ensure a clean, well maintained, and safe working environment to increase productivity and quality.
• Positive, enthusiastic, and self‐driven, taking sole ownership of Health and safety.
• Flexible hands-on approach with ability to assist other departments with logistics, stock control etc.
Salary on offer is £35-40,000 for the right candidate.
If you are interested in having a further conversation then please send your up to date CV to email@example.com who will be conducting the initial screening process on behalf of the client. I can then send the Job Specification with a full set of duties and responsibilities.