Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230050
Senior Environmental Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 (dep on exp) + car allowance + benefits
A multidisciplinary main contractor excelling in the delivery of construction & civil engineering projects across the UK are currently seeking 3 Senior Environmental Managers to join the team and will ideally be based within the Midlands, these will be split between 3 separate divisions: Multi-room; Industrial and Civil Engineering & Infrastructure.
Requirements for the role of Senior Environmental Manager include:
• Must have previous experience in acting as a project or client lead.
• An Environmental Degree/Diploma is desirable for this opportunity.
• NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety (or alternative) is a distinct advantage
• IEMA Membership or other professional body membership with practical site experience is advantageous, but not essential to this role
Responsibilities for the role of Senior Environmental Manager Include:
• Meet with the wider consents team to ensure consistency
• To support other environmental activities that may be required as reasonably demanded by the Environmental Director.
• Increase environmental awareness within the wider team
• Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental programme(s) to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, customer and corporate requirements.
• Manage regular strategic review of the Environmental function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
• Participate in management review meetings to present environmental performance, discuss upcoming environmental actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address any Environment or Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
• Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate ‘best practice’ EHS culture and philosophy through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
For further information on this position please contact Nathan Turley on Nathan.Turley@HSERecruitment.co.uk or call 0121 726 6623