Salary: £38000 - £42000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268230002
You have the chance to join a global business as the EHS Manager covering three UK locations but with your main base in Stoke and regular travel to Yorkshire. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a business in a role that will allow you to shape the future of the business, leading the health and safety department, creating and implementing your own strategy. If you are passionate about health and safety, can get people to conform to your way of thinking and influence at all levels of the business, this could be the opportunity for you!
There is a lot of work to do here and the business isn’t where they want to be in terms of culture and everyone doing their bit with H&S. They want the business to be compliant to the ISO standards but also provide the sites with the direction and support to become more hands on and take accountability for H&S in their departments. Whilst to begin with there will be a requirement to do a lot for the sites, you will slowly educate, coach and begin to delegate more and more, creating a more positive H&S culture..
What we are looking for:
• A hands on H&S professional who is going to be a visible presence on site
• Someone who has the patience to coach, lead and mentor the business to a point where they are more self-sufficient in H&S, doing their own RA’s etc.
• Someone with strong influencing skills, is clear and concise, creating that culture of accountability
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum
• Ideally multisite experience
• Experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment
• ISO Systems experience
Salary is up to £40,000 with access to a pool car for travel. You will ideally be local to Stoke to pick up the pool car when you travel.
Would you like to know more? Please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0121 454 5000 or email email@example.com with your CV and we can discuss in more detail this opportunity.