Head of Process Safety
Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229932
HSE Recruitment are working with a Global Organisation to source them a Head of Process Safety based on the M4 Corridor in South Wales. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to take their knowledge and expertise into a large and complex business, to be the UK go to expert and be exposed at a senior level providing essential leadership to the business.
You will provide the UK business with a high level of process safety expertise and leadership, working closely with the Process Safety Director and Head of Health and Safety. Their roles are ultimately responsible for strategic direction of all elements of HSE including process safety but will rely on you as the process safety specialist to provide them with the advice, guidance and direction on what you are seeing on sites, what areas need focusing on and they will trust you to steer the strategy.
You will be responsible for a small team and will be required to mentor and support process safety engineers.
You will ideally be based along with M4 corridor in South Wales but we will consider someone living in area Monday to Friday with an element of flexibility but this is a permanent role and requires long term commitment. You will be required to travel the other UK sites and have occasional travel overseas.
• Experienced process safety expert with knowledge of COMAH and demonstrated level of professional competence in some specialist process safety topics such as; Risk Assessment, LOPA, Human Factors, Emergency Preparedness, SIL OBRA etc.
• Process safety or degree level of qualification in chemical or process engineering would be expected for this role but other aligned qualifications will be considered.
• Good understanding on bow tie analysis and barrier/lines of defence management.
• Worked in high risk environments including but not exclusively; Steel, Oil & Gas or Chemical.
• Complex problem solver who is able to demonstrate their knowledge and experience, how effective they have been, what they have achieved and how they have achieved it.
• Strong communication, someone who can engage and work with people.
• Experience dealing with the competent authorities.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to the advert and we will be in touch.