HSE Coordinator - Luton
Salary: £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229897
The Executive Network Groups Logistics & Transport Division is currently recruiting for a HSE Coordinator to join our client located in Luton. This role offers a flexible approach to hybrid working with 3 days in the office and 2, working remotely if you choose to do so.
HSE Coordinator – Food Industry
Location – Luton (Hybrid working)
Salary – c£35,000 – Enhanced Pension, Monday to Friday + Additional benefits
The successful HSE Coordinator will have the following skills and experience:
• NEBOSH National General Certificate with desire to gain Diploma.
• Excellent IT skills, specifically in Microsoft applications.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment, preferably the food industry.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to accurately handle several projects and tasks and to balance priorities to tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
• Decisive, resilient, has tenacity and a real can-do attitude.
• Accurate with attention to detail and a logical and methodical approach and a commitment to high standards.
• Ability to build effective relationships and achieve co-operation.
The successful HSE Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Act as operational contact with SRL to ensure full understanding of technical and legal recommendations.
• Agree plan to implement those recommendations.
• Communicate with each head of department to ensure their full understanding, bring in SRL where required.
• Deliver site safety induction for all new starters and ensure that all areas of that induction are documented and filed securely.
• Facilitate Health and Safety meetings.
• Review risk assessments and safe working practice documents and work with managers with advice from SRL to refine and develop those.
• Lead the organisation of toolbox talks and monitor the roll out of those with each head of department.
• Monitor safety related training.
• Monitor staff health surveillance and review findings, link with HR where any reasonable adjustments required.
• Collate and review accident and incident recording and assess trends in those statistics.
• Prepare a quarterly report on safety management at the site under their coordination as a basis for discussion with managers, SRL and ultimately directors.
• Conduct audits of areas to assess efficacy of systems.
• Monitor working practices on site and feed back to managers where any unsafe practices are identified.
• Record progress with actions as completed
Please email Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 726 6609 for more information