Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229893
FMCG – Food Manufacturing Company
Health & Safety Manager
Shefford , Bedfordshire
£45K - £50K + Package
A leading and growing food manufacturing company is looking to hire an experienced Health and Safety Manager who is able to lead with gravitas, influence and engage the workforce and “raise the bar” for Health and Safety across the sites. Seeking a hands on professional who can be able to promote business change, drive accountability and positively influence others.
• Support the implementation of the companies Health & Safety Policies
• To support and maintain legal compliance.
• Liaise with the authorities, external bodies and neighbours
• Review and sign off all departmental risk assessments, COSHH assessments, PUWER assessments and SSOW
• Ensure a fire risk assessment is in place and reviewed with all the actions closed off
• Coordinate and plan audits and monthly inspections, plot on to a Gantt chart
• Drive accountability downwards and ensure all are engaged with H&S
• Support Managers with accident investigations, review and sign off completed investigations
• Input accident/ near miss/ HOC’s and SWOP’s data and provide feedback
• Chair the monthly the Health, Safety & Environmental meetings and support the committee
• Ensuring the buildings meet Health & Safety requirements, and that the facilities comply with all relevant legislation and customer expectations
• Project management, supervision and coordination of work by contractors relating to all site services
• Ensure that toolbox talks occur regularly and in a positive and inclusive manner
• Drive the site towards a more positive culture and set a benchmark for safe behaviours
Essential qualifications and experience;
• NEBOSH General Certificate
• Manufacturing experience ideally within food or fmcg
• Able to engage and influence others
• Proactive, positive and pragmatic
• Down to earth, team player and passionate
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.