Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229884
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a leading manufacturing company in Poole to source a HSE Manager. Reporting into the Plant Director you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective management, development and running of all aspects of HSE, acting as an ambassador and a role model with integrity ensuring excellence and continuous improvement.
This company have over 60 years’ experience in their field, have an outstanding reputation for integrity and reliability. They are recognised internationally, have a global footprint and provide complex solutions to a range of industries.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Drive and develop the Company’s HSE approach and strategy through innovation and best practice. Provide leadership, direction and guidance to the Management Team and employees; developing, setting and monitoring progress of goals and site performance.
• Work with all internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage all aspects of the HSE.
• Review, develop and implement the HSE Policy, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Risk Assessments, Work Element Sheets (WES), Tool Box Talks etc for all associated operations and HSE campaigns in line with Group SOPs and strategy and business needs. Ensure all are updated regularly to meet regulatory compliance in conjunction with being ‘fit for purpose’ operationally and commercially. Ensure implementation and adherence the above policies.
• Lead accident, incident and dangerous occurrence investigations making appropriate recommendations for remedial action in order to prevent any recurrences.
• Analyse accident/incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
• Lead internal and external customer and regulatory risk assessments/audits/inspections as required including those for sub-contractors and events etc. Ensure that there is an audit programme in place which is communicated throughout the business.
• Ensure, in accordance with the business unit and Group guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems in line with regulation and company directives.
• Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the Environmental and Health and Safety Hazard Control System, policies and procedures, recommending changes that reflect improvement opportunities to eliminate work place accidents, injuries and environmental incidents.
• Management and ownership of ISO 9001 with responsibility for the system management plan, integration across the business and raising business awareness through monthly management reviews.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an Engineering or Manufacturing degree or Diploma Level Qualification in H&S
• NEBOSH Fire and Environmental Qualification
• Proven record of success in HSE with strong understanding and exposure to Operations, Engineering, Distribution and Supply Chain.
• Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of HSE Management Systems (ISO 45001 and 14001), Environmental, Fire and Hygiene processes, Incident Reporting and Investigation procedures, Auditing and Safety Systems and processes.
• This is a results driven environment and we need someone with skills in managing both core processes and bringing a creative and innovative approach.
• Proven track record of change leadership and of delivering results and improved performance combined with the ability to inspire and manage development activity through strong influencing ability.
• Experience in a metrics focused environment including weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis.
• Experience of working with and implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational and planning skills.
• Ability to demonstrate a desire to succeed with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Articulate with a high level of communication skills
If you are interested in finding out more, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply direct.