Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229880
Location: Kent, Gillingham
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Job Reference: 268229880
The successful candidate will support the Director of People & Compliance in all aspects of Business-Critical Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality policies. To develop, implement and monitor Senseco Systems EQMS, in particular reviewing all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental related procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices throughout the group of companies.
The responsibilities for the role of SHEQ Manager include:
• To develop, maintain and continuously monitor and improve the EQMS (Quality & Environmental standards).
• Communicate, train and engage colleagues, contractors and suppliers in all SHEQ matters.
• Provide support and guidance on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
• Conduct internal audits, reviews and assessments of policies and procedures across all company sites.
• Prepare and support colleagues for external audits carried out by third parties.
• Maintain the company ISO 9001, ISO 14001, LPC, BAFE, SSiP, CAS (CHAS, Constructionline, Safe Contractor & more) certificates. Work towards obtaining ISO 45001 certification.
• Promoting and raising awareness across all levels of the organisation, of the impacts of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental issues, in terms of legal and statutory compliance and voluntary compliance, including CDM regulations.
• Record and investigate all safety and environmental accidents, incidents or near misses. Identify the root causes and promote the lessons learned and implement changes to policies and procedures if required.
• Support our fire teams & sub-contractors with the creation and management of RAMS/method statements to ensure safety and compliance for all fire protection work carried out for clients.
The requirements for the role of SHEQ Manager include:
• A relevant professional qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH) Proven knowledge and understanding of all legal regulations relating to Health & Safety, Quality and Environment.
• ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001 experience – Qualified lead or internal auditor.
• Previous experience in a similar role, to include CDM regulations, ideally.
• Flexibility to travel to different parts of the UK
• Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
• Good administrative skills
• Proven experience in a range of business situations
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role
For further information on this position please contact Nathan Turley on Nathan.Turley@HSERecruitment.co.uk or call 0121 726 6623