Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229832
Are you a HSE professional with fast moving manufacturing experience who is looking to further develop their career in H&S? Do you want to work for a business that truly values Health and Safety and views it as a priority? Can you engage, gain buy in and influence others? Then this could be the role for you! This role is a permanent position covering a busy site around the Northampton area but with great potential for growth.
Main Responsibilities :-
• To lead the site Health and Safety program, increase awareness and knowledge, ensuring full legal compliance and continuous improvement.
• Take the lead in all H&S investigations and offer practical solutions and recommendations
• Share best practice for H&S with the other sites in the group
• The support the site Operations Manager, as their Health and Safety business partner, to deliver H&S accountabilities and improvement plans.
• To coach, engage and mentor the site based managers to ensure delivery of improvement plans and compliance with the company standards.
• Drive accountability downwards for H&S and offer support to the workforce to ensure risk assessments are completed and reviewed
• Communicate effectively with a range of senior managers, internal and external stakeholders
• Support the site to drive clear management accountability for H&S to deliver the annual improvement plans and injury reduction.
• Ensure the workforce are trained to be able to carry out their jobs safely, according to the defined requirements. This includes appropriate refresher training and engaging staff where English isn’t their first language
• Drive and develop the site culture change program.
• Implementation and accuracy of the Accident/Incident investigations to root cause prevention measures and management of the claims for the site.
• Produce and present relevant statistics for H&S across the site and identify themes and areas of improvements
Qualifications and Experience :-
• NEBOSH General Certificate (Essential)
• High risk, fast paced Engineering/ Manufacturing or similar background
Ideal Personality Traits :-
• Strong coach and mentor
• Engaging and able to influence at all levels
• Logical thinker, proactive and pragmatic
• Visible and hands on across the site
• Collaborative with strong communication skills
For more information, and a confidential discussion please contact email@example.com