Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £33000 - £40000 per annum
Location: St Helens
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229804
HSE Recruitment Network have been engaged but a manufacturing company in St Helens to source them a Health & Safety Manager. This is an opportunity to join a well-established and innovative manufacturing company who want to continually improve in Health and Safety. You will play a key role within the business in a hands on position offering support and guidance.
This role will suit either an experienced Health and Safety Advisor/Officer ready to take a step up into an autonomous Manager position or someone within a Health and Safety Manager role already.
This company pride themselves in customer service excellence and outstanding quality and they have around 150 staff working for the business. This is a high risk manufacturing site with a lot of CNC machines, hand tools, dust, warehousing and distribution, movement of goods, pedestrian and vehicle interaction to name a few.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing existing policies and procedures to ensure best practice within health, safety and environment
• Providing subject matter knowledge, advice and guidance to the management team and the business as a whole
• Conducting site wide inspections and audit programs to monitor and develop improvement within the business
• Delivering in-house safety and environment training to the workforce
• Identify opportunities for risk reduction and positive promotion of good practice
• Maintaining and building strong relationships with all levels of the work force
• Coaching and mentoring managers onsite, improving culture and performance
• Assisting the QA Manager with QA/QC processes.
What we are looking for:
• NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) as a minimum but ideally working towards a H&S Diploma or already holding your Diploma level qualification.
• Held a health and safety role within the either a manufacturing or warehouse/distribution environment.
• Be a passionate HSE professional, keen to develop positive working environments.
• Strong communicator with the ability to influence at all levels.
Salary on offer is £33-40,000 dependant on experience. If you are interested in finding out more, please send your CV to email@example.com