Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229795
Health and Safety (H&S) Manager
Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum + benefits
Medium sized, complex and high risk FMCG manufacturing site, part of a well-established group
Reporting to the Head of Health & Safety
Are you a HSE professional with fast moving manufacturing experience who is looking to further develop their career in HSE? Can you engage, gain buy in and influence others? Do you want to facilitate change and be involved in interesting and diverse projects which will improve safety culture and behaviours at the site? Then this could be the role for you!
Main Responsibilities :-
• To lead the site Health and Safety program, ensuring legal compliance and continuous improvement.
• The support the site General Manager, as their Health and Safety business partner, to deliver H&S accountabilities and improvement plans.
• To coach, engage and mentor the site based managers to ensure delivery of improvement plans and compliance with the company standards.
• Support the site to drive clear management accountability for H&S to deliver the annual improvement plan and injury reduction.
• Ensure the workforce are trained to be able to carry out their jobs safely, according to the defined requirements. This includes appropriate refresher training and engaging staff where English isn’t their first language
• Drive and develop the site culture change program.
• Be responsible for the site Safety Reps to deliver effective monitoring and improvement of H&S onsite.
• Implementation and accuracy of the Accident/Incident investigations to root cause prevention measures and management of the claims for the site.
• Ensure that the Non-Conformance system is working to standard and are closed out to prevent future occurrence.
• Responsible for H&S budget on site
• Ensure H&S aspects are accounted for in all appropriate capital projects, to minimise the risk of injury, ill-health or environmental damage / nuisance.
• Ensuring that all risk assessments and safe systems of work are up to date and relevant to the site operations.
• Support the site in its Annual H&S plan, and measure / report progress on a period basis.
• To support the company in delivering our Health and Safety responsibilities, through the effective implementation of our H&S Management Systems and Standards.
Qualifications and Experience :-
• NEBOSH General Certificate (Essential)
• High risk, fast paced Engineering/ Manufacturing or similar background
• Change management experience
Ideal personality traits :-
• Proactive and pragmatic
• Visible and hands on
• Collaborative and strong communication skills
• Innovative and creative
• Engaging and able to influence at all levels
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.