Regional Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229677
A fantastic opportunity has arose with the UKs leading waste and resource management company. We are working with them to recruit a Regional Health and Safety Advisor to cover the South of the UK. Working as part of a team you will be a key team player in continuing to drive the company’s strong stance on safety.
As a company they drive excellence, learn from their mistakes and have established a strong health and safety culture. They run initiatives and behavioural based safety programmes which you will take the lead on in your region. They have a strong history of investing in their staff, 3 of the team are doing their Diploma, so there is a long term career here for the right person.
The job itself is an all-encompassing health and safety role in a very diverse, unique and high risk environment. This is a home based role but you will be travelling across the recycling sites on a daily basis. This patch includes Wiltshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Reading so ideally if you were based in and around Reading this would be a good base location.
In summary, you will be the go to person in your region who will train, advise, guide and support the sites and the managers. You will ensure compliance and monitor the goals and KPIs. You will implement the group behavioural safety programme, create initiatives, assist, and support the development and implementation of a Health & Safety Plan focusing on continuous risk & accident reduction in conjunction with the teams.
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum.
• Experince in a similar role with strong H&S knowledge.
• Waste/Recycling/Aggregates experience would be beneficial but not necessary as long as you have worked in a diverse high risk industry like manufacturing, engineering or construction.
• Passionate and can communicate and work collaboratively with sites understanding the financial impacts decisions have on sites.
• Personality fit is key, someone who is a team player, engaging, self-motivated, hardworking, good communicator and can manage their own time effectively.
Salary is between £30-35,000 - £33,000 max if you hold your Certificate and up to £35,000 if you are doing your H&S Diploma. A company car or a car allowance of £5,200 per annum, 25 days holiday a year, bonus scheme depending on the company’s financial performance, option to buy up to an additional 5 holidays a year and life assurance and 6% pension contribution.
If you are interested in hearing more please apply or send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org