Environment, Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229673
HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a lead manufacturing and distribution company in the Midlands to source them an Environment, Health and Safety Manager. It is a really interesting time to join as they are in a really strong position with the senior leadership team, have growth plans in the HSE function and are ready to improve the Health and Safety culture and management systems. The desire is there but the last piece of the puzzle could be you to make this happen.
This role will cover 5 UK locations and you will either be based at Willenhall or Rugby for this role with regular travel across the sites which include Newport, Bolton and Dudley. You will report into a very supportive CEO and closely with the Operations Manager and other senior stakeholders.
This role will cover sites that range in age and risk profile and require an EHS Manager who can work quickly, efficiently and in a supporting capacity to these sites from a remote location. This business need someone who can improve the culture, get everyone taking responsibility, create a management system that is user friendly and overall take control of the strategy and plan ahead on what is going to be a big but reworking role.
Responsibilities include (more detail is in the job spec):
• Drive a safety improvement culture, ensuring that all employees are engaged and participate in this process.
• Build relationships at all levels of the organisation coach and advise all employees on the behaviours and actions necessary for a strong safety culture within the organisation.
• Support the site leadership teams in developing and driving the group Health, Safety & Environmental Strategy and ensuring that objectives and targets are monitored and reported to all levels of the business tailoring each report to suit the target audience.
• Chair site Health, Safety & Environmental site and group level committee meetings.
• Prepare , maintain and audit the groups legal register identifying to relevant areas of the business where there is a potential risk to the business.
• Prepare and deliver training programs to the management team.
• Complete and assist in the completion of accident and incident investigations, establishing the root cause, providing guidance on corrective and preventative actions.
• Create a robust and user friendly management system.
• You must be operating at a Management Level with in H&S
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum however a Diploma Level qualification will be desired
• Strong environmental knowledge and a qualification as one site is environmentally permitted
• ISO systems knowledge
• Manufacturing experience is essential with knowledge of warehousing/ distribution and ideally with a multisite capacity
• You must have a can do attitude, be hands on and pragmatic in your approach and be capable of dealing with stakeholders and supporting with sites.
Salary on offer is £50,000 or potentially up to £55,000 for a star candidate with mileage for any travel from your base location.
If you are interested in finding out more please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply direct to the advert.